Sunday, August 2, 2009

reader question of the week #1


reader question of the week #1:

"I'm currently organizing a birthday party for my son who is turning two years old in August. He really loves water and I was thinking about having a water themed birthday party for him. So everything about water-mini slash pool, photo booth with water accessories, etc. The only thing is that I want it to be more of a vintage type feel to it...rather than taking to kids to local water park. The party will con sit of kids who are no older than 5 years old...so I would like to be accessible to the different ages as well. I also am pretty limited on what other kinds of activities and games I could do for the kids-as well as a cake, party favors any suggestions? Thanks! -Rebeckah"

1 comment:

pam said...

When i did a pool party for my daughter I made a fishing game with rods made of bamboo and string, with a paper clip at the end, and then i spraypainted plywood fish and sea creatures purchased at michaels, and hot glued magnets on them. I also buried treasures-rings, pirate coins, plastic sea animals-in a sand box, and gave each child a mini pail and shovel to use. I made blue jello with swedish fish in it-recipe at Martha Stewart.