Monday, March 2, 2009

weekend project #1






We finally caved and bought our little G his own chair. He had been flopping himself into any and all he could get into- and would scream with glee every time we were at a friend's house who had one. I knew he would love it. What I hadn't counted on was how much he would love the box! My husband and I turned it into a little home for him in under 15 minutes on Friday night. I wielded the exacto knife and Charlie got crazy with the duct tape, even creating handles and pulls out of it. We made little windows and shutters that he opens and closes. He has spent more time with it then with any other toy we have purchased. It is not a thing of beauty by any stretch of the imagination, but the way it entertains him (for a long time) IS a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

pink cupcake vintage said...

I think he needs this!
http://pinkcupcakevintage.blogspot.com/2008/12/cardboard-boxes-do-make-great-toys.html

rony @ catbird said...

i concur - boxes are the best. we had a way-too-big one floating in our way-too-small apartment forever. six months or so.