Monday, October 5, 2009

no, no, no- not again!

Former co-workers posted on Facebook this morning that 4 more magazines are to fold- Gourmet, Modern Bride, Elegant Bride- and the saddest for me personally, Cookie! Confirmed right here. What is this world coming to? I'm afraid with as much as I love the blog world, we certainly are not helping things (but I know there are so many factors at work). I can only hope some of the better magazines will come back better then ever when our economy improves.

R.I.P.

image from gourmet

6 comments:

Cupcakes and Cutlery said...

awful. magazines are my vice and i do my best to keep them afloat but alas it's not enough. thinking about all those hugely talented people that are out of jobs is disheartening. I think I just renewed Cookie last week!!!! i want the people from Violet, Cookie, Domino etc. to unite and make the best magazine ever imagined. I'd pay good money for it.

S-

Jacinda said...

I'm going to subscribe to a few that I would hate to see go away today.

Anna said...

pIt's such a shame that so many magazines are going under! You just can't curl up on the sofa with a blog like you can a thick magazine! Also, for some reason bookmarking blog posts and such is not the same as tearing out from a magazine and putting aside for inspiration.

Abby said...

I sobbed on Twitter this morning over Gourmet.

If Martha ever folds I might. just. DIE.

lovesbubbly said...

When Domino folded I had just renewed my subscription. They offered me Cookie as my consolation prize. But it came with a catch, the subscription wouldn't start for 6ish? months. Umm, that says it all, it was obvious it was in trouble. They knew Cookie was about to crumble and they might not have to make good on the promise.

Jess said...

Cookie was one of my faves! I am so bummed about this!