Tuesday, January 5, 2010

(gen says...) backtracking: a christmas post









From Gen:

"I have finally caught my breath from a crazy holiday season and wanted to share a few photos from our "Cabin Christmas" in Nashville!

Christmas Dinner: This year for our family Christmas dinner, I set the table with little christmas treats for everyone! I am just in love with these Jonathan Adler Christmas ornaments- the turquoise box is adorable and adds the perfect hit of color to our red dot paper table cloth...from Ikea.

Family Photo: Ready for the holiday festivities to begin! I am a huge fan of anything vintage! I found this amazing Jade Green Silk Dress last year at a thrift store and finally had it altered-just in time for the holiday party season! Benjamin's bow tie and pocket square are thrift store treasures as well.

Christmas Tree: Our Christmas Tree is filled with vintage treasures and hand made ornaments created by our kids..I just love the eclectic feel of old meets new!

Gift details: I love wrapping christmas gifts...unfortunately I am always in a last minute rush to finish. To save time and find the best bargains...I usually stock up on my favorite wrapping paper, ribbon, and gift tags at the end of the christmas season. This year I stock piled "loads" of this Red and White dot paper from Ikea! I am just in love with this pattern!

Vintage Santa: My favorite new Christmas decoration- picked up at a thrift store for $20.

Christmas morning breakfast tradition: Every year my husband makes the yummiest Eggs Benedict for Christmas breakfast! Yes..those fabulous red napkins are also from Ikea!

Oden playing legos: My mother's christmas tradition was to give my brother and I new Christmas jammies each year on Christmas eve. This year I carried on the tradition for Oden with these darling green and red stripe PJ's from Hanna Andersson.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!!!! -Gen"

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

SO fabulous. I am in love with those table settings!! Totally inspired!

gg said...

Chelsea...I am so flattered! You so often inspire me! Hope you had a great holiday!
xo

Unknown said...

How lovely! Thank you for sharing. Love the peppermint candy tags!

SB in SB said...

We also got new xmas jammies too! In fact, we still do even though we're all grown up and there are grandkids in the mix now. Love that you still honor this tradition. There is something about new pjs that makes Santa's pending arrival even more special. Happy 2010!

Pam Walter said...

I find it interesting that for many people eggs benedict is the breakfast of choice on Christmas morning. Yummy!

Elaine said...

I've never left a comment for you before, but wanted you to know that I have your blog bookmarked and look at it once a week or so to see your great party ideas. I love entertaining, especially theme parties, and this blog is a great resource! Thanks for posting!

Kristen said...

i LOOOOOVE gen's posts....LOVE! :)

kayce hughes said...

LOVE everything!