Friday, March 6, 2009

i spy: lollipop flower trend?


I love the use of these perfectly round suckers as candy flower decor- so clever! Now I'm going to try to hunt down a source for them...the Amy Atlas ones seem particularly lovely and round.

On a side note, there is a feature in Food & Wine this month on Amy Atlas and how she creates her beautiful table displays. Lots of great tips, as well as revealing that she is a LAWYER in addition to (?) event caterer- who knew!?

And now, I'm really off for the weekend...

images...martha stewart, top; amy atlas, bottom

10 comments:

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Love that bold pink party table! Thanks for sharing that food and wine blog! Love it!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xx

Anna said...

Candy warehouse (dot com) has a large variety of lollipops! They might not be as beautiful as the ones Amy Atlas has but they are worth checking out.

amy & lisa said...

Yep....I'm seeing a trend too and loving it!

Pam Walter said...

Love the Amy Atlas site and the lollipops! http://blog.sweetservices.com/sweetscandyblog/

made sweet said...

what??? how does amy atlas have time to do event planning and be a lawyer?? my goodness. some people amaze me.

Sarah said...

Sara,
I just discovered your adorable blog via Tutus and Turtles and I'm in love! Oh how I loved the Martha Stewart Kids magazine! I still have my favorite articles clipped and saved! I have a 15 month old who would love a playhouse like the one you and your husband made. I'm going to have to get out my duct tape soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

-Sarah from Create Studio
www.createstudio.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

omg so cute. perfect for a wedding that I am planning right now. thanks!

caroline duke said...

too talented for her own good! love it all.

Katelyn- Domestic Charm said...

Soo Cute, love it!!! I am loving your blog, lots of great ideas and adorable pictures!

jenniferhoiyin said...

goodness i love that cupcake.