Monday, March 16, 2009

ahhh....Favorite.


















I stumbled upon these photos while looking for an old file and couldn't resist sharing. These are pictures of the short-lived Nashville store, Favorite (brainchild of Gen and her husband, closed at the end of 2005). They brought me on the team to help in various ways- with graphics, marketing, running the store, etcetera. Running a retail business is not for the faint of heart, however, and there were definitely a lot of lessons learned with this one. 

Gen keeps telling me Favorite might be revived in some shape or form, so I'm anxious to see what she has in store. In the meantime, I'm enjoying looking back at these fun photos and focusing on the positive memories of this amazing, beautiful venture!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! It looks like a marvelous place! Please keep us posted!

pink cupcake vintage said...

it's still so hard! it was truly the embodiment of it's title!

Anonymous said...

OK I just ran across this and HAD to say I hope it comes back in some fashion! It looks GREAT and I live within 1/2 an hour of Nashville!

Amy@OldSweetSong said...

This store look amazing! I wish I could go to it right now.

Jane said...

i agree with the previous comments. what a delightful shop! hope to see it again ....

La Petite Maison said...

Thank you for posting these photos. When I lived in Nashville I tried to visit Favorite after it was featured in Domino, but I was too late. All my husband and I saw was an old, abandoned gas station. I hope the store will come back in time for me to visit old friends in TN.

made sweet said...

i'm so sad it's gone!!! please let the world know if it comes back any time soon. crossing my fingers!!

emily said...

I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve!

kayce hughes said...

So fun to see the photos. I do miss it. Favorite on line?????????????????