Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TGIC (thank goodness it's cheap) wine wednesday!


Let me make this clear from the get-go: I like wine, but I am not a connoisseur. I can not tell you if a wine is oak-y or has cherry undertones. But I can tell you if I think it is good or not good. And if a wine exceeds a certain price and it is not a particularly special occasion (and I'm the one paying for it), then to me, there is a limit on how good a wine can be.

The wine I've chosen to feature this week tastes good, costs $14 a bottle, and is pleasing to look at. I am officially recommending this Argentinean wine: Finca El Peral Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. I have tried other wines within the El Peral line (including the Malbec, which I think is mediocre), but this one is the BEST. I would bring it as a hostess gift for a book club gathering, give it as a holiday present, and serve it at a dinner party that I'm hosting. It's GOOD.

No comments: