Friday, June 20, 2008

ETSY find: vintage children's book illustrations





There is something so magical about vintage children's book illustrations. They tend to speak to my nostalgic idea of what childhood is or should be. 

Pictured above are selections from several card series by Etsy seller 'Stories & Divinations'. They are described as "charming, original frame-worthy illustrations salvaged from overly-loved 1930's American children's schoolbooks mounted with care on smooth creamy cardstock with a satin edge.' She has given the various collections names like 'Summer Boys Becoming Men', and 'A Whole + Happy Life.'

These cards would make a wonderful gift in and of themselves, or make an ordinary gift more special. A series of three is priced at $12.50 and can be found on Etsy at the Stories & Divinations store.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your post!

Laurie

Dayna said...

These are so lovely. I am actually looking for some art right now to decorate a room in my home that we recently painted orange. I have bookmarked the seller and will have to peak at them again.

I found your blog through Design Mom. I like what you have here so far and hope to stop back again some time. This past year my little one requested a "flea" themed birthday party!! I of course obliged - and perhaps I can find some ideas here to offer up for next year!

Olived007 said...

These are beatiful, i love the vintage look, i was wondering if you would allow me to use one of your pictures in a project i am doing (i am in highschool) it is just refering back to children's book today versus the past and these pictures fit perfectly, it would be very kind of you to let me use them and of coarse i would put the source in the credits, thankyou for taking time to read this, once again i really love them keep up the good work